When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I actually got a "comment!" Woo Hoo!

While Bob and Mom frequently call me and comment on my blogs, I rarely get a "comment" at the bottom of the entry. Until yesterday! I'm excited, because I'd really like this to be an "interactive" blog!

Anonymous said...
You always talk about or rather mention the "readings of the day", where would I find these readings?

Dear Anonymous:
Thanks for asking! I get my readings first by reading them in The Word Among Us, a magazine that my Mom subscribed me to. To copy and paste the readings, I go to this web site: http://wau.org/meditations/current/?

To make it easier to find, I'll add a link to the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops website to the left of my blog. When I don't have the time to look it up, I discover what the reading of the day is by attending Mass. I prefer this way, because most of the time the readings are explained or "brought home" to me by the homily of the priest.

If you are who I think you are, I always carry the magazine with me in the car--just ask, and I'll show it to you. If you want a subscription, they're pretty cheap and well worth twice the subscription price. AND, I'm still waiting for you to take me up on my offer to take you to Mass and experience what Christ established over 2000 years ago!

No comments: