When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Nothing to say today

I have tried to be good and make an entry in this blog every day since May--and I think I've had a pretty good run at it, with some interesting topics and (if I do say so myself) some really good analysis of the readings. But today has been a total blank! I had to start early this morning in Modesto. I did some weeding of the flower beds there, conducted an employment interview, and helped some families get a moving van. Then I went on a truck transfer that was quite taxing to me mentally and physically. I think the fact that I wasn't able to get to Mass today and listen to a sermon is part of the reason I can't think of anything to write about. I tried reading the Exodus entry today and for some reason, it just didn't inspire me. The Gospel usually "sparks" some inspiration, but again, nothing today. Maybe it's just a little of the 'dryness' that Mother Teresa spoke about. I'm sure it will go away. I'll just have to pray a little harder tonight and try not to think about it. I'll put it in my "mental" SFGTD box.

No comments: