When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Saturday, November 21, 2009

So, then, you are a king?

Sunday, November 22, 2009
The Glorious Mysteries
The Solemnity of Christ the King

The Holy Spirit must have been sending me a message earlier today when I made my previous entry. I had not yet read the gospel for tomorrow, but it ties into exactly what I was saying!

The devil would like to attract us away from any attention we can give to Jesus. He would even like us to completely forget why we exist. Remember the Baltimore Catechism's definition: 'We were made...to know, to love, to serve God in this world and to be happy with Him forever in heaven?' Is that the way of the world? Noooo Way!

Jesus was questioned by Pilate: 'So, then, you are a king?'

Jesus answered: It is you who say I am a king. The reason I was born, the reason why I came into the world, is to testify to the truth. Anyone committed to the truth hears my voice.

The Book of Revelation tells us on Sunday that the Lord will come amid the clouds and that 'every eye shall see him.'

O Lord, I pray that you will come to us soon and manifest your goodness, mercy, justice and power to this ungrateful world. Father, may your Holy Spirit come upon us in these last days to enlighten us and show us the error of our ways. May we repent of our sins, amend our ways and give glory to You in prayer and in deed all the days of our lives.

No comments: