When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Happy Birthday, Carolyn!

For Marilyn's sister Carolyn's birthday, Marilyn and I, Alicia, Lorenzo and Lily met up with Sarah and her boyfriend Tony at Carolyn's house, then we all went with Carolyn and her kids to a Christmas tree farm so Carolyn could get a fresh tree for her new apartment.

I don't normally "do" the Sunday trip thing, especially to the Bay Area, because I hate dealing with traffic and I'm not real good at "visiting". But as I wrote yesterday, Lily has reminded me that Christmas is supposed to be fun. You know what? I think I did have fun!

So I got up really early and went to the 6:30am Mass then we headed off.


Here's Tony and Sarah telling Carolyn what Tony is looking for in a tree for his own apartment.


Carolyn finally made her selection, then I volunteered to wheel it up to the cashier.


Alicia and Lorenzo thought it would be nice if Lily had a tree of her own, as she did last year when she was just 1 week old! This was their pick.


Tony and Sarah found a tree for his apartment. Sarah, like Marilyn and me, has an artificial tree. (We know what the tree will look like, and it's so much easier to clean up after Christmas!)


And then of course, during this time of year you can't go anywhere without "running into" Santa!






No comments: