When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Thursday, January 14, 2010

What are friends for?

I read the gospel for tomorrow about 5 times and I couldn't get a handle on what to write, which is pretty unusual for me. The reason I can't think very straight tonight is because a co-worker and very good friend lost his job today. Please pray for him.

I thought if I found a picture on the theme of the gospel it would give me some ideas. I found the picture above on the 'net and it, coupled with a beer or two, immediately put two thoughts in my mind--

What are friends for, if not to risk a danger of falling through the roof or incuring the cost of repairing the same, simply to help another human being know the joy of being whole in God's presence?

And, which was greater--the cure of the paralytic or the forgiveness of his sins? What greater love can we show one another than the love of forgiveness?

Hmmm, some things are worth meditating on, don't you think?

No comments: