When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thanks, Mom!

Every once in a while, I get so busy at work that I just don't have the time to do much else, like call my Mom to see how she's doing. I take this responsibility very seriously--after all, it's God's 4th Commandment!

When I do forget to call, Mom knows she can always reach me by email, because I have to check it at least 3 to 4 times a day for work-related issues anyway. She emailed me yesterday and asked me a question. Actually, it was more of a spitirual admonishment. She said, "Don't get dried up in your faith, Steve!" I don't know where she got the notion I was getting "dried up in my faith" from my previous blog that I was suffering a bit of "writers' block" in getting ideas to write about, but after assuring you, Mom that nothing will shake my faith in the Living God I want to thank you. Because that statement cleared away some of the "fog" in my thinking process, and I have a good idea what I will blog about tonight. Wait for it. I think it will be insightful and helpful in letting you know just how contagious faith can be!

No comments: