When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Bleep Bleep!

In my hometown newspaper this morning there was letter to the editor from “a recovering catholic” (sic) who was complaining about several things in general, but then got into a tirade about the current Pope.

I admit my first reaction to letters and statements from supposed self-proclaimed former Catholics is anger at their gall for presenting arguments that have been answered already to the satisfaction of those who are seeking the truth. My second reaction is pity that they apparently are so full of hate (for reasons only they can know) for the Catholic Church that they don’t want to see the truth in the answers.

If these critics of the Church would go beyond the secular media reporting of all that is supposedly wrong with the “organization” of the Catholic church they would find the truth, and not help Satan in his efforts to undermine the INSTITUTION founded by Jesus Christ Himself in Matthew Chapter 16, Verse 18.

I think what bothers me most is that I hate futility. I get upset having to explain the same things over and over and over. Some people just don’t get it. They are trying to destroy something that Jesus promised that “even the gates of Hell” would not destroy.

But Satan is nothing if not persistent. I wonder if that wasn’t God’s plan for Satan’s betrayal? To spend eternity trying to destroy something indestructible, which is eternal frustration. It’s almost funny, if you meditate on it long enough. Think of an eternity of “Roadrunner” episodes, with the Roadrunner representing the Church and Wile E. Coyote as Satan. I have just two words for you, Satan--"Bleep Bleep".

No comments: