When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

To whom much is given......

As I’ve said before in this blog, I have been blessed, or entrusted, with much. As I reflected on this again today, I reminded myself that I am entrusted with a loving wife, children and grandchild. I am blessed with still having my mother around to give me that special “nudge” or advice that no one else can provide and to pray for me. I am entrusted with some tangible things such as our home, and a comfortable life-style. I am entrusted with my work and the services I provide to my customers and employees. I am certainly entrusted with my faith, my parish (or in my case, parishes), my responsibility as a Eucharistic minister, and even in writing this meditation. I have been entrusted with much.


And with this comes a set of obligations that I am required to do. I am required to love and care for my wife for as long as we live. I am required to care for my children, grandchildren, customers, employees and those I serve in the Church. Much has been given. Therefore, much is required.


It is said that God will never give us more than we can handle. I must say that God thinks a lot more of my abilities than I do—there are a lot of days that I am so overwhelmed I don’t know which way to go next. But I think what keeps me going and gives me motivation to keep moving forward is to remind myself that I have been given much and to ask, “Am I doing all I must to meet the requirements for all I have been given, as my Lord God says I must do in today's gospel?”

No comments: