When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Friday, December 31, 2010

Thanks!

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later!  I got my first comment about this entry in a foreign (to me) language! It reads, "Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci".  And although I took five semesters of French in high school, I can't remember anything more than "bonjour" and "crepes".  [Not entirely true-- I have my moments....Comment allez vous?  I think that means "What is your name? And je m'appelle Etienne.  (My name is Stephen).]  In any event, I couldn't make heads or tails of the comment a reader posted.  I didn't know if he (or she) was a spammer, or a critic (they are welcome, too!) but curiosity got the best of me, so I used the translator I found on my search engine and was pleasantly surprised that the comment in English is, "It seems that you are an expert in this field, your comments are very interesting, thank you" [Automatically translated by Microsoft® Translator].

While I appreciate the comment, I must reply that I give all credit to the Holy Spirit.  I am by no means an expert in anything I write.  These posts are simply my reflections and meditations on the readings of the day as they are given to me by the Holy Spirit.  He guides me to read other sources or listen to theologians who are experts when I want to be sure my theology is in line with the Catholic Church.   Even my abilities to use a keyboard and spell words correctly were given to me by God to help spread His Holy Word.

So, Glory be to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.  As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be.  Amen.

PS:  After I published this post the first time, I LMAO!  There was an "ad" on my "new post" page from Blogger that said, "Learn to Speak Fluent French!"  How do they know this stuff?  It's eerie.

No comments: