When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

God has a plan for each of us

Prayer for the Day
Dear Lord,
Help me keep you as the center of my life.  Help me to realize you are the Giver of all blessings; nothing comes to me unless it goes through your hands first. Thank you for all the blessings you have bestowed on my life. Help me use these blessings to bless those around me. Guide me on the path you’ve created for me.  Soften my heart, Lord; forgive my sins and rid me of temptations.  Amen
Reflection
Acts8:1-8
There are some people in the world that most of the rest of us consider to be truly evil.  For example, I think  Osama bin Laden falls in this category. There may even be someone you know personally that you would label this way.  But we should be careful when we think that some individual is nothing but evil, and unworthy of redemption.

Take, for instance, Saul. This man was probably thought of by first century Christians as pure evil. After witnessing the death of Stephen, Saul actively stalked Christians of the infant church, raiding their homes and businesses and casting them into jail. It is probably safe to assume that much of this persecution was done very violently with no respect to the lives or property of the persecuted.

But nothing is impossible for God! This very man, seemingly pure evil, was taken by the Lord and made the greatest of saints. In fact, if it wasn't for the work of Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles, many of us might not be Christian today.

If there are people you know who seem to be as evil as they come, pray for them and don't lose hope. God uses those whom He chooses, even the worst of us. How blessed we are to have an all-powerful, all-forgiving God!

No comments: