When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Monday, May 23, 2011

A great entry, and a profound response

Sister Mary Martha has the best take on the non-event of last weekend that I've found yet.  For Catholics, all of this 'rapture' nonsense should at least get us motivated to examine our consciences daily (a good time for me is right after my evening rosary and before I go to bed) and go to confession as often as necessary (which for me is as often as POSSIBLE). 

I thought one of the comments (by 'womanNshadows') to Sister Mary Martha's blog was quite profound:

"so many lost people in this world clinging to anything they hear, putting their faith in words that are not His words, the words of Jesus. if only they could put their faith in Him and not someone standing directly in front of them, someone who is actually blocking their path to the light."

No comments: