When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Thursday, September 27, 2012

What time is it? **


I like to find a quiet place to pray, as there are fewer distractions. I can compose myself better and it seems there is a better chance that I can "hear" Jesus.
That's where the Disciples find themselves in the 9th Chapter of Luke – alone, in a quiet place with the Lord.
Jesus asks them a question: "Who do the crowds say that I am?"
In prayer and in our lives how do we reply?
If we answer as Peter did: "The Christ of God" (Luke 9:20), we'd better also think of the cost: "The Son of Man must suffer greatly" (Luke 9:22)
Jesus doesn't want us to tell others who He is, but rather to know that in our hearts and to see Him in our daily lives and to live as He lived no matter what the cost.
"There is an appointed time for everything."

**Now is the time for the Lord.

Find the laziest person around (notice me raising my hand), and he’ll show you the easiest way to get something done.  I had a grandiose idea to read the Catechism of the Catholic Church in its entirety during this upcoming Year of Faith proclaimed by Pope Benedict XVI.  Today I found a website being “tweeted” and “re-tweeted” all over “Twitter” that will accomplish this goal!  The Holy Spirit came through for me yet again!  Won’t you join me?   Just click on the widget at the top of the column at the right and you will be sent portions of the Catechism every day by email.  It cost nothing.  Just a little bit time each day to reflect on the beauty of the teachings of the Holy Catholic Church.

No comments: