When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I'm all thumbs on this day of "firsts"

It's a day of exciting "firsts" for me. We'll see how this goes! I am writing this blog while sitting in an air-conditioned U-Haul truck outside of my motel room in Ridgecrest,located in the "high desert" of California. Why? Because it's the only place I can get Internet access- I don't know why my laptop won't connect! I just got back from Eucharistic Adoration at Saint Ann church here in thanksgiving for our new Pope, Francis! It is one of the churches I have not visited yet as part of my (now) 4 year pilgrimage to visit every church in the Stockton and Fresno dioceses! The main church was locked up tighter than a drum, but the Eucharistic Chapel is beautiful! Pope Francis! I prayed most of the night last night that we would have a new Pope today and that he would choose one of several names: Gregory, Matthew, Pius, or something else that was either unique or one that hadn't been used in a while! I am not disappointed! In fact, the very selection of Francis seems to me to be Divinely inspired! Think of it! The simple obedience of Francis of Asissi to our Lord's request to "Rebuild My Church", the zeal of Francis Xavier to evangelize to the whole world, and the humility of St. Francis de Sales in serving the poor! How perfect is that choice by the Holy Spirit (using the Holy Father as His instrument)? Sorry, but because I'm using my iPhone to write this post, no graphics tonight. I think it may be the last time I try this, too, because my thumbs are worn out! Lol

No comments: