When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Friday, February 20, 2015

Happy Birthday, Mom!



February 21 is Mom’s birthday.  She would have been 96 today!  I was looking for a good picture to use for this post and of course I have a lot of them from her 90th “birthday bash” in Lodi.  Among those pictures was a home-made birthday greeting from my family and me.  It was made up of verses taken from various books of the Bible that were arranged so that the names of the books made up the word “MOTHER”. 
What made me think to do it?  As I wrote on the birthday card that day, “Mom, your constant prayers on our behalf and your lifelong example of Christian charity mean more to us than you can ever imagine.”
As I think of her today, the same sentiment keeps going through my mind. 
So I again write these words of hope and promise inspired by the Holy Spirit and presented to us through Scripture.
Happy Birthday, Mom!   
Matthew 28: 19,20
Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.  And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.”
Obadiah 1: 21
And deliverers will ascend Mount Zion to rule Mount Esau, and the kingship shall be the LORD’s.
Titus 3: 4-7
But when the kindness and generous love of God our savior appeared, not because of any righteous deeds we had done but because of his mercy, he saved us through the bath of rebirth and renewal by the holy Spirit, whom he richly poured out on us through Jesus Christ our savior, so that we might be justified by his grace and become heirs in hope of eternal life.
Hebrews 13: 20-21
May the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great shepherd of the sheep by the blood of the eternal covenant, Jesus our Lord, furnish you with all that is good, that you may do his will. May he carry out in you what is pleasing to him through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever [and ever]. Amen.
Ephesians 6: 2,3
“Honor your father and mother.”  This is the first commandment with a promise, “that it may go well with you and that you may have a long life on earth.”
Ruth 1: 16

But Ruth said, “Do not press me to go back and abandon you! Wherever you go I will go, wherever you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people and your God, my God.

No comments: