When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Friday, July 17, 2020

He will heal!


Many are hurting in our world and our country today.  Many are bruised and smoldering; too many of them are “plotters of iniquity” (Micah 2:1-5), whose only goal seems to be to spew evil in the form of hatred, bigotry, racism, and calumny primarily through social media outlets in the guise of “freedom of speech”.  I find myself weeping for them.  My fervent hope is that they are not evil, but deaf to the Truth that is Christ.

What is God asking of us, of me, in these uncertain times; how is He inviting me (us) to open my (our) heart(s) to the truth – not the politics – but the truth and the potential for healing?  A healing that gives way to the possibility of hope and reconciliation – a healing that affords transformation, rebirth, and growth!

The words of the Gospel (Matthew 12:14-21) I reflected on today provide an opportunity for each of us to spend some time with the Lord and ask Him what is it that He wants us, me, to do – how do I respond in a way that affords peace – peace in my heart, in my mind, in my community, my world?

When we see problems in our society (and there are plenty to go around!), we need to look at them through the eyes of Jesus Christ.  How we treat the poor, fight for better programs for the needy, and pursue justice for those who are misjudged or misguided can change the world one soul at a time.  We must take a stand for what’s right, even if it’s looked upon as unpopular. We can’t stand idly by anymore while Satan takes control of our young and poisons their minds with thoughts that other human beings are expendable.  We’re all children of God.

As children of God, we have access to heavenly wisdom, which we can apply to every earthly situation. This means that we must use every opportunity afforded us by circumstance to “inject” the Truth of Our Lord Jesus Christ into others.  This can only lead to more awareness of His presence and force us, and our leaders, to act with more compassion, humility, and justice.

If we’re willing to ask with an open heart and mind, Jesus will answer.  He will cure, heal, and provide the path to hope, renewal, and peace.  Can we trust?  Will we act?  Will we open our hearts to the grace to reject all that is contrary to the name of Christ?  To do that we have to hear the voice of Christ in our heart and step out in faith.  He will heal!!


No comments: