When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Prayers for Aunt Barbara

It was quite a shock to hear of Aunt Barbara's condition. As I said in a previous post, she has a special place in my heart. Not only for her unselfish help to Mom with her medical problems last year, but for being there to help me when I was in college--giving me a place to stay, sharing meals, and making me feel less apprehensive in a new environment after leaving LA just out of high school.

I have been praying and asking God for the right thing to say in this time of concern--something I can say (or do) for Barbara and her family. I even decided to search the internet to see if I could find a "special" prayer for her. You know what? All I can think of is saying the rosary! And the Divine Mercy!

Look at what I just wrote! I said "ALL I can think of is saying the rosary", as though it is a minor act of mercy! As soon as I wrote it, I thought "What is more POWERFUL than the rosary?"

No comments: