When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Friday, January 23, 2009

A few things that tick me off...

....about the "media" in general and my hometown newpaper The Stockton Record in particular.

First of all, they changed their format again! There is the front page, page 2, then it is the Local secton. The rest of the National news is on the last few pages. This may not seem important, but to a guy who likes constancy in his habits, a change like this was downright traumatic! I have to come up with a whole new priority system to read the news! I used to read the National news first, then the local news with the editorials and letters to the editor, then I went on to the comics and crossword. If I was really bored I would read the obits and the legal notices. But now, my whole system has been thrown off, and I feel like I'm missing some important news.

This is a bad feeling, because I refuse to listen to any news on television. The televised news is so slanted and opinionated they don't even attempt to disguise it as objective. Even Fox News, who advertises "fair and balanced" isn't. They are balanced if you tend to stay on the "right" side of the commentators.

The real reason for today's blog, though is the blatant omission of substantial coverage of the March for Life that went from the Capitol Building in Washington DC to the front of the Supreme Court building in hopes of letting our lawmakers and those who are supposed to interpret those laws know that Roe v Wade was a bad decision and should be overturned.

Here is what really gets my hackles up. If the Pro-death side had shown up in numbers of over 100,00 as the pro-lifers did, the newspeople would have been all over the story. But since the poster child for the pro-death agenda was just sworn in as President, who can blame them?

I have seen NO coverage on the internet (unless I go to a Catholic website), NO coverage on TV, and the only coverage that was in the Record was a thumbnail picture on the back page saying a march was held protesting Roe v Wade. Even then, the picture was of the pro-death poster holders!

No wonder our world is in the shape it's in. Can you imagine how much stronger our country would be economically and spiritually if we had not murdered close to 50 million babies over the last 4o years?

Not to mention the pain it must cause our Lord to know that we are intentionally mutilating His Body by amputating the most innocents parts.

This is what ticked me off this morning. I hope I can shake it off and pay attention to work today. I have to work harder to keep my job. I won't be able to collect Social Security when the time comes because there are not enough young people contributing to it to enable it to continue.

No comments: