When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Friday, June 26, 2009

A very good friend and co-worker passed away last night from a very painful cancer. Please remember Patty Jischke in your prayers this week. She was only one month younger than I am. I saw her just last week--she came to lunch at the Fresno office to help us celebrate the 25th anniversary at U-Haul of another good friend. She was pretty upbeat and thought she might be able to return to work this week after a long absence. May God grant her eternal rest.

I found a couple of You-Tube videos on the rosary while surfing the net tonight. I actually said my rosary while watching one of them. I have embedded one of the shorter videos here that gives me a little more hope for the world. As I understand it, the people in this video are supposed to be celebrites. Some of them look familiar, but since I'm not into watching much television any more, I couldn't begin to tell you who they are.



Even the Pope is into You Tube!


You can catch more of the Holy Father's videos at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKb_WQCZp3k.

No comments: