When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sorry--no meditation today

It’s been a long day. Pleasant—well almost (we lost!)—but long. I hate this time of year when it stays dark until just before 7AM. We should have adjusted our clocks already, but somebody thought they could make an extra buck or two by putting it off until November!

I woke up at 6:30AM. I didn’t sleep very well last night for some reason, so I was tired throughout much of the day. Anyway, today was the Cal-USC football game that we, as a family, look forward to every time it is a “home” game. Not for the football, because we always seem to lose this one, but because it amazes us how “snooty” the USC fans are. There is a saying, “Perception is reality.” While I am sure not all of them are obnoxious, the ones who are definitely overpower those who are not. There seem to be more loud, drunk, and “holier-than-thou” USC fans than those of all the other schools we’ve watched put together. But it makes for interesting people-watching, and that’s the real reason I think we like the USC game better.

We left the house for Berkeley at about 10:15 because we wanted to find a parking space close to campus to eliminate a lot of walking to and from the game, and so that we could eat lunch and visit some of the booths the university had set up with some freebies for their Homecoming celebration.

The game started at 5PM. We left just before the game ended to avoid the traffic that is like a church parking lot after the last Mass. We got home about 20 minutes ago (11 PM).

I’m sorry to say I didn’t get a chance to meditate much on the readings for tomorrow, so I hope you’ll forgive me for this rambling blog today. It’s a little hard to think and write comprehensively when all you want to do is sleep. I'll try to write a little something tomorrow about Sunday and Monday's readings.

I will end my blog tonight reminding all of you to be sure and say your rosary tomorrow! It will be the Glorious Mysteries.

Love to all.

No comments: