When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Friday, February 5, 2010

I had no idea I was so tired!

Every now and then, my body says, "Whoa! Slow down! I can't take it any more!" Usually though, I feel it coming on. I have not had a day off in over 2 weeks. I've done it before, but this last couple of weeks were filled with looong days, and I was away from home. They were not so taxing physically, but mentally I was a wreck! My solace was Mass and the Eucharist and my daily Scripture readings.

Anyway, I got home on Thursday evening (late) and managed to see and play with Lily Bug for about an hour while the family watched "Biggest Loser" (a program I have no real interest in watching). Then I wrote my blog and got to sleep about 1 am (my usual time). I was up at 6:30 (a little later than normal, but I didn't think much about it then) and went to work in town here. When I got there, the girls who were working that day asked me if I felt alright. I replied Yes, I felt alright, just a little tired. They looked right at me and said I looked like I hadn't slept in weeks! I didn't understand why they would say that. When the next group of co-workers came in, they said they were glad to have me back, but that I should probably go home. Again, I said I felt ok and I was going to lunch. For the first time in my life, lunch was a blur--I know I was gone for a couple of hours, but couldn't remember what I had! All of a sudden, I was "sleepy-tired". Not physically exhausted, but drowsy! I managed to get in a full day--(I am paid for doing a full day's work, after all) and when I got home I had a few things left to do on the computer. I got those done right after dinner, then sat down to write my blog.

Fat chance! Lily was making up for the lost time from last week and wanted me to read every book she owns! She likes it when I use funny voices and pretend to "chase" her around the house. She was giggling and giggling. Finally, about 8:00 it was time for her bath and bedtime. My sleepiness returned, so I sat down in the recliner about 8:30. I was half-interested in some program that was on the TV and I remember looking at the clock when it said 9:20. I woke up this morning at 6:45 when I heard Marilyn straightening up the room from the "Lily whirlwind" last night. That's at least 9 hours of sleep! I haven't slept that much in one night in a long time! And that was without the C-Pap!

I'm going to have to learn to pace myself from now on. It's not good to be so focused on work that you forget the important things in life.

No comments: