When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Flying pigs

As Catholics were exhorted to do this week by the USCCB, I sent a letter to my local US Representative and US Senators as well as to the House of Representatives “leadership” asking them to please consider the rights of the unborn as paramount in voting for health care reform. It isn’t the first time I’ve written to them and it probably won’t be the last, even though the form letter I got back from Representative Steny Hoyer, the House Majority “Whip”, pretty much told me that he doesn’t have time to read his own email—He’ll let his staff read it “for consideration”. Read that: “Take a hike!”


It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that a congressman will hire folks with the same beliefs and ideals to decide what he will “consider”. I can only hope that whoever reads my plea to Rep. Hoyer will at least record it as a request for a “no” vote this weekend. Wait! Is that a pig flying?

No comments: