When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Friday, July 9, 2010

Faith is good medicine

I’ve been so mentally and physically exhausted lately that I was not going to write a blog tonight—in fact I was just turning out the lights and the television (it’s 1 o’clock in the morning), when I heard someone cite a Mother Teresa quote. That alone would not generally move me to write, but the fact that it’s the 3rd time I heard the quote today in 3 different contexts tends to tell me the Holy Spirit is prompting me to write this short note of thanksgiving and praise to Our Lord Jesus Christ.


Mother Teresa’s quote is, “God doesn’t want us to be successful. He wants us to be faithful.” Worrying about all the health and family dramas playing out on the home front the past few weeks has brought me thisclose to losing my mind. The worry has also had an effect on my ability to do my job at a standard I can be happy with. I decided to make a commitment to prayer, giving all of the issues to Jesus through Mary and trusting that it’s all a part of His plan to strengthen my faith and the faith of those around me. God has already answered my prayers to most of the health issues (Praise Him always!)! As far as my job stress, my boss has been really good about it, giving me some time to work things out and taking it relatively easy on me, but it’s time I buckle down and get the job done. After all, I want to be successful. And I believe I will be, as long as I remain faithful to God.

No comments: