When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Please pray with me for my brother Bob

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.  As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.  Amen.

Eternal Father, You know Bob even better than I do. I am his brother—You are his Creator. You know his sickness and the burden he carries. You also know his heart. You know how close he has kept You to his heart. Lord, I ask You to be with Bob now, working in his life. Let Your will be done in his life. If there is a sin that needs to be confessed and forgiven, please help him to see his need and confess.



Lord Jesus, I have faith in Your ability to heal my brother, but I also trust in the plan You have for his life. Lord, I don't always understand Your ways, or why Bob has to suffer, but I trust You. I keep remembering what You said in last Sunday’s gospel: To those who are given much, much will be required. I can only assume from his current situation that he has been given much. I think he would agree. I ask that You look with mercy and grace toward Your ever-faithful servant Bob.


Holy Spirit, I ask you to nourish Bob’s spirit and soul in this time of suffering and comfort him with Your presence. Remind him that You are there with him through this difficulty.


Heavenly Father, I ask on Bob’s behalf that his suffering be used for Your greater glory.


And finally, Father, remember all those who, like Bob, are also suffering and who have asked me to pray for them.


I ask you this through Your Son, Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace!  The Lord is with you.  Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.  Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.  Amen

No comments: