When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A bedtime story for Lily

Once upon a time, a child was ready to be born.


One day she asked God, "You're sending me to earth tomorrow…how am I going to live there when I'm so small and helpless?"
God replied, "Among the many angels, I chose one for you. She will be waiting for you and she will take care of you."

She said, "But here in Heaven, I don't do anything else but sing and smile—that’s enough for me to be happy."
God replied, "Your angel will sing for you and will smile for you every day. You will feel your angel's love and be very happy."

The child responded, "And how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me if I don't know the language that people talk?”
God replied, "Your angel will teach you the most beautiful words with patience and care."

Then she asked, "And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?"
God replied, "Your angel will place your hands together and teach you how to pray."

Being a child, she was still curious. "Who will protect me from the bad things on earth?"
God said, "Your angel will defend and protect you with its own life."

She told God, "I will be sad when I don't see you anymore."
God replied, "Your angel will talk to you about me and will teach you the way for you to come back to me. In the meantime, I will always be right next to you."

When He said this, her heart was filled with confidence, peace and love. But voices from earth could be heard, and the child asked one last question softly, "God, if I'm about to leave now, please tell me my angel's name."
God replied, "You will call your angel ‘Mother’."

No comments: