When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Monday, August 9, 2010

Timeless wisdom

I wasn't going to blog tonight.  I've spent the last couple of nights trying to find a new background image for my blog because I think the current one is too "busy".  But I can't seem to find what I want for free.  I'm not ready to buy a background.  It is one of those "low priority" items in the grand scheme of life.  I consider my blog a pretty good evangelistic tool, but it is just a hobby.  Maybe when (if) I retire, I'll turn it into something really fantastic.


Anyway, while I was surfing the 'net tonight, I came across a site that gave some CS Lewis quotes.  I picked a few that really hit the mark for me.  Please enjoy them.


"The real problem is not why some pious, humble, believing people suffer, but why some do not."




"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'" I This speaks directly to the subject of last night's blog, Anne Rice.


"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."


"I gave in, and admitted that God was God."  Here's another one that could be directed to Ms. Rice.


"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither." Yet another one for her! 

No comments: