When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Thursday, October 21, 2010

A very good resource

I rarely watch television with any kind of interest unless it is college football (PAC 10) or EWTN programming. So I am frequently searching the web for something new to give me ideas for my blog entries. Tonight, after watching a really interesting lecture/sermon by Father Robert Barron on EWTN, I logged onto his website, wordonfire.org , and heard a marvelous lecture on Why Prayer Matters .

The lecture runs about 47 minutes, so be prepared to listen that long.  It was so interesting though that I was surprised the time had passed so quickly.  Father Barron has dozens of these lectures, sermons, and short essays on his website.  They are really easy to access and theologically sound.  Have a listen!

No comments: