When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"Strong medicine for what ails ya...!"

I have been remiss the last couple of days (has it been almost a week?) in writing in this blog.  Mainly, it's because I haven't had any good ideas.  It's also because I simply haven't felt like writing.  After listening to the news on the radio and the internet about a lot of anti-Catholic bashing today, I felt I just had to respond the only way I know how--by saying the rosary for the conversion of the hearts and minds of all mankind to Jesus. 

The rosary is best said "when two or more are gathered in His name" (Matthew 18: 19,20), but spending as much time as I do in hotel rooms, this is not always possible.  So I look for "interactive" rosaries on my laptop that I can say and share with other like-minded people.  There must be over a hundred of them out there, but  this one I found today is a good one.  It's not a "scriptural" rosary--it's more the type of rosary most of us say while meditating on the Sacred Mysteries in our own way.  It also has a "counter" that lets you know how many others are on-line in real-time praying with you.  According to the introduction at the beginning of the prayer, the church that sponsors the site says a perpetual rosary, so you can join one in progress or you can choose to start a "fresh" individual rosary.  I am very impressed with it.  I have put it on my "favorites" bar!

Give it a try!  What can it hurt?

1 comment:

Bill R, California said...

I've been praying at ComePrayTheRosary.org for some time now. It's a fantastic resource. I like the fact that a visual depiction of the Rosary with beads that 'light up' allows me to keep my place, prayer intentions can be made, and that I can choose things like setting (inside a church or images of the Holy Land), background image, text display on screen or not, etc. People from all over the world are praying together there at any given moment (for example, today I was praying with visitors from the US, India, Brazil, Canada, and Saudi Arabia!)