When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Accomplishments

I’m pretty proud of myself today. I finished a jigsaw puzzle I’ve been working on for about 6 months. On the box, it said, “3-5 years”….so I guess I’m ahead of schedule! (Sorry- I couldn’t resist!)
View Details







We, as human beings, are the authors of our own lives. We control the decisions we make and how we wish to live our lives. However, nothing would be possible without the help of God. God is our creator and He has put us all on earth to succeed in His name. “We receive from him whatever we ask, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him.” (1John 3:22) This is very powerful and has great meaning as to how we should live our lives. God will do everything He can to aid us in our lives and He will grant us the ability to succeed as long as we show respect towards Him and His mission. "For I know the plans I have for you," said the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)

Part of God’s mission for us is to help spread His word to anyone and everyone who is willing to listen. The Epistle of John says that anyone who belongs to God will listen openly to us. We can have a great effect on another person’s life by simply spreading the loving Word of God. Jesus went all over to preach to the sick, poor, and oppressed, and His preaching affected the lives of so many, saved their souls and brought them closer to God. If we as human beings can help one person draw closer to God, then our dedication to the Lord and His mission will be a success.

No comments: