When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Seeing Heaven in the "heavens"

Every so often, I go to one of the internet sites that display the Hubble photographs in order to get a sense of the immensity of God’s power concentrated in the tiny babe of Bethlehem.  I've posted a couple of them here along with descriptions of what I see when I look at them. 
The Trinity?

What humility God shows.  He who tosses stars and planets about like toys placed Divine Existence in the body and soul of a lovely little boy conceived by and born from the body of a young maiden of Israel. 

Madonna and Child?





Madonna and Child








Even more humility does God show to learn from us how to exercise his human limits – how to speak and walk, how to love as a human loves, how to build and destroy as a human does.  God, source of all that is, chooses to join us in our limitations as one of the poor.  This is the wisdom, the glory and the power of God . . . it shapes the human heart and shapes the universe of love. “No one has ever seen God.  The only Son, who is at the Father’s side, has revealed God.”

Three Wise Men

Three Wise Men?




















"He humbled Himself to become one of us"
A Child in the womb?

The saints and angels in Heaven giving praise to Christ (Center)?

I hope you enjoyed a little something different on this post.  I certainly enjoyed researching the photos and letting the Holy Spirit guide me in interpreting what I saw in them.

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

Hi Steve,
I'm enjoying scrolling through your blog and reading your stories and reflections. This post has some beautiful images. I particularly like the painting of the Madonna and Child. Do you remember the artist's name or have a link to where the image is from?
Thanks! Keep up your thoughtful blogging. I'll pray for you!
-Ann Marie