When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The time must be right

After several attempts, it appears I will finally get to see the inside of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church in Fresno this evening!  I've been trying to get to confession for about 3 months now, and every time I make plans, work gets in the way.  I AM going to make it tonight!  OLMC has the Sacrament of Penance on Thursday evenings at 7PM. (According to the diocesan website--I also tried to attend a Mass there once based on the same website and when I showed up, there was no Mass--but I trust the Holy Spirit will not let me down tonight!)  God knows I need forgiveness and the grace to keep going on the best I can. 

While I always feel better and more in touch with Jesus after confession, it will be especially cool to actually partake of a SECOND Sacrament in the church about 57 years since my first one! (I was baptized at OLMC in late1953 or early 1954--Knowing Mom, it was probably not long after my November '53 birth!--but I'll have to look it up when I get back home on the weekend.)

No comments: