When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tempus fugit

Has it really been a whole week since I last wrote?  Wow.  I truly had no idea!  I got caught in the clutches of my chronic bronchitis with its attending coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath that made it difficult to work (which I had to), much less think!  When I got home this past Sunday, Marilyn and Alicia fixed me up with some breathing treatments (thanks to Lily's breathing machine when she was really congested last year), some heavy-duty cough syrup and a "z-pac" of antibiotics that GPat happened to be hanging onto from one of her recent ailments.
I'm still not 100%, but I am well enough to at least take a deep breath now and then without coughing!  Thank God for the women in my life.  And I'm not talking only about Marilyn, Alicia, and Lily.  I'm talking about Sarah.  I'm talking about Mom.  And GPat (Marilyn's mom).  And my sisters-in-law, who have been there recently for Mom and me.  And of course, I'm talking about OUR Mother, Mary, the Mother of God.  She's put in more than a couple of good words to her Son for me lately. 

Thanks to all of you, ladies!  I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate all of you!  Well, I can BEGIN, I just can't finish!

I'll try to begin putting up meditations again tomorrow night and get back on schedule.  Thanks for your patience with me.

No comments: