When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Thursday, September 6, 2012

An exercise that can't hurt

Anyone who reaaallly knows me knows that exercise is not high on my list of things to do.  There are many reasons why I should, but only two why I don't--I'm so out of shape it hurts to exercise, and I love to eat.  However, I can exercise my faith and spirituality and humility.  There are no excuses for not exercising those.  That can't hurt, can it?
 
Sister Mary Martha teaches us a pretty good way to exercise humility.
 
Thank you, Sister, for writing my entry tonight.  I, too, have been a little remiss in writing as often as I should.  (I'm sorry, but you brought it up!)

Thanks to those of you who are still reading this humble little attempt to spread the Good News.

I love a good challenge, as long as it's not physical--that was for the younger me.  And this will be a challenge.  And I hope--as it was for Sister Mary Martha--a life-changing eye-opener that opens me up to some of those physical challenges as well. I'll be honest.  I may or may not report back on my results.  But if I do, you can thank me later.

In the meantime, Thanks be to God.  That's really the crux of all of this, isn't it?


No comments: