When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

God is trustworthy


When I was a child, I would often pray for things that I was told I should--for sick relatives, for a easier life for my parents.  And yet those relatives still died, my parents still struggled.  I was pretty bummed out a lot of times.

It is only with maturity that I realized that God knows what's best for us and answers our prayers in His own way. He always listens! We need to get our communications right!

In the Gospel of John (John 3:31-36), we hear that the word of God is trustworthy. That best describes Christ, God the Son.

It seems that as I get older, although I still pray and talk to the Lord, I now spend more time reading scripture and just listening to His word. That makes all the difference!

No comments: