When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Monday, July 1, 2013

Profundity

I just realized I spent about 2 hours writing the previous entry.  Because my busy season has now begun, I can't really afford the time more than once a week to write one.  But I think a fun idea will be to share the quotes I get daily inspiration from with you.  Usually they are from Pope Francis' "Twitter" feed, but occasionally from other sources as well. 

One of the Holy Father's recent quotes has actually effected changes in the way I order food in restaurants, as trivial as that sounds.  I have never really been concerned when I haven't finished everything on my plate.  After all, I paid for it.  Who cares if I decide I don't want it all?  Guess what?  After Francis' recent comment, I do.

Here's the quote:
"Consumerism has accustomed us to waste. But throwing food away is like stealing it from the poor and hungry."


No comments: