When he was at table with them, he took the bread. He blessed the bread, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him!(Luke 24:13-35)

Thursday, May 12, 2022

Belief and Trust

 

The overriding theme in my reflection on Scriptures today seems to be, our belief and trust in God.  A reading from Acts [Acts 13:26-33] made me stop and consider, “When in my life have I failed to recognize God or failed to see that an event was a blessing from God.”  It  also reminded me of my need to truly find God in all things and to stay prayerful in my journey, living life according to the example of Jesus and to follow God’s hopes and desires for me.

“Serve the Lord with fear and rejoice before him; with trembling rejoice.”  When I read this line in Psalms [Psalm 2:6-11] I got a feeling of overwhelming thankfulness for all that God has blessed me with, including a rich relationship and belief in the power of God.  I’m thankful for my past and current blessings and am thankful for blessings I know that I’ll receive in the future.

I love the stories about the relationship between Thomas and Jesus.  Early in my life I remember thinking, ”I wonder why Thomas had difficulty believing when he actually lived at the time of Jesus.”  For me, Thomas is that part of me which questions, “Is this my will or is this God’s will”.  “How do I know this is God’s will for me?” “Master, we do not know where you are going; how can we know the way?”  I have to remind myself about the power of quiet prayer.  I want to trust and go in “a way” that, if it’s God’s will for me, life will unfold according to His plan. “Do not let your hearts be troubled, you have faith in God; have faith also in me.” [John 14:1-6]

No comments: